African-centered emPOWER Posters
Ethnic-Africentric (more coming)
What does it mean to be African-centered. Despite what critics may say, being African-centered is not anti-anything. Being African-centered is first and foremost being spiritually, psychologically, philosophically, and culturally connected with Africa, and African people all over the world. Being of an African-centered mindset, means to have an open mind to appreciate the beliefs and values of others, while maintaining one's own African-centered self. Why is that? An old African saying states that the lion cub who wanders into a buffalo herd is surely trample, as is the buffalo is eaten who wanders into the lion's den.
Asa Hilliard, world renown African-centered teacher, historian, and egyptologist identified several key element shared by African communities:
- The belief that the cosmos is alive.
- The belief that spirituality is at the center of our being.
- The belief that human society is a living spiritual part of the cosmos, not alien to it.
- The belief that our people have a divine purpose and destiny.
- The belief that each child is a “Living Sun,” a Divine gift of the creator.
- The belief that properly socialized, our children will experience stages of transformation, moving toward perfection, that is to be more like the creator (“mi Re” or like Ra, in the KMT language, meaning to try to live like God).
- The belief that you must know where you come from, to know where you are going.
AFRICAN CENTERED emPOWER Posters
Custom emPOWER Posters
Contact me for your custom empower poster using your images. email@example.com